Terms and conditions of use
§ 1 General Terms
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Business (as amended) shall apply to business relationships of any kind between SSL Asia and the customer. Customers may be businesses or consumers.
2. The product display in the online store does not constitute a legally binding offer; instead, it is merely a non-binding online catalogue of the range of products available. By clicking ‘Buy’, the customer makes a legally binding commitment to purchase the goods in the shopping basket. The customer shall receive an order confirmation immediately after the order has been submitted. The sales contract shall only enter into effect upon receipt of our separate order confirmation. The contract is stored, and the order data and General Terms and Conditions are sent to the customer by email. Customers can view all their previous orders by logging into the customer service pages of the website.
3. SSL Asia reserves the right to refuse to perform the service promised if it becomes apparent after concluding the Contract that the goods are not available although a corresponding contractual transaction has been concluded. In such a case, the customer shall be notified immediately. Any considerations which have already been provided shall be reimbursed without delay. Further claims against SSL Asia are excluded.
4. The contractual language is English.
5. When placing an order in the online store, the customer follows the technical steps as described below in detail:
Click on “Proceed to Checkout” in the shopping basket displayed on the screen
Redirection to the general order overview page where the customer is guided through the individual stages of the purchase.
Step 1 Entry of “Personal Information” (if the customer does not have a customer account and is not logged in; otherwise the invoice and delivery addresses are already stored);
Step 2 Entry of “Addresses”;
If the invoice address and delivery address differ, there is the option to ”Enter a different delivery address” by clicking the add a new address. If the invoice address is different, click on “Billing address differs from shipping address”.
Step 3 In the next stage, the customer is to choose the method of delivery at the “Shipping Method” (by clicking on the desired shipping method). Customers are allowed to add in comments on their order at this stage.
Step 4 Selection of “Method of Payment” (by clicking on the desired payment method) and inputting the payment information.
Customers are provided with an overview of the shipping address, invoice address, shipping method, and cart overview of their items with pricing. Customers are to double-check their information.
Once all information is confirmed, completion of the order is done by clicking “Order with an obligation to pay”
§ 2 Delivery
1. If the customer wishes to do a store pick up or self-collection, these terms will not apply.
2. If the customer is a business, delivery shall generally take place at the customer’s risk. This also applies to partial deliveries. If the customer is a consumer, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the sold goods shall only pass to the customer upon handover of the item, even in case of sales involving the carriage of goods. Handover shall be deemed to have taken place even if the buyer delays in accepting the goods. Delivery shall be to the delivery address specified by the customer.
3. All prices are cash prices and include GST of 7% plus any applicable charges for packaging and carriage.
4. Delivery will be calculated after checkout and payment of the shopping cart. SSL Asia will calculate the delivery cost according to the most suitable carrier deemed for the recipient’s country. Customers are to make payment for the delivery before goods can be sent out. Additional customs duties and charges for deliveries outside of Singapore are to be borne by the customer.
5. The goods must be thoroughly inspected by the customer or an authorised individual upon receipt in order to detect any transportation damage if the customer is a merchant. Customers who are merchants must ensure that any transportation and packaging damage detected is confirmed in writing by the carrier upon delivery and reported. We also ask, without legal obligation, that customers who are consumers notify us of any clearly identifiable transportation damage.
§ 3 Warranty and compensation
1. Defects or any other damage caused by negligent or improper treatment of the goods, improper installation, the use of unsuitable accessories or changes made to the original parts by the customer or a third party not commissioned by SSL Asia are not covered by the warranty.
2. Signs of wear and tear from normal use are also excluded from the warranty.
3. If the customer accepts the goods or the object of the order despite being aware of a defect, he/she shall only be entitled to assert warranty claims to the extent described below if he/she has expressly reserved the right hereto in writing immediately after receiving the goods.
4. The warranty period for new items shall be 12 months.
§ 4 Due date and payment terms
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, invoices from SSL Asia must be paid in full without delay. Payment is to be made online. For payments by credit card, the actual sum shall be debited when the invoice is issued and the goods are shipped. The total amount shall be reserved on the customer’s credit card as soon as the online order is submitted.
2. SSL Asia reserves the right to decline cheques and other non-cash means of payment. Acceptance of these methods shall be for the purpose of payment only. Foreign currency payments shall be credited according to our bank statement. The bank fees must be borne by the customer.
3. If the customer falls into default on the payment of the purchase price, interest is to be paid on the total purchase price at five percentage points above the respective base rate for the duration of the delay. If SSL Asia is able to prove that greater damages were suffered as a result of the default, SSL Asia shall be entitled to assert the corresponding claims on these grounds.
§ 5 Retention of title
1. If the customer is a merchant, the goods supplied shall remain the property of SSL Asia until all outstanding claims against the customer, including any existing ancillary receivables, have been paid in full. In case of contracts concluded with consumers, SSL Asia shall reserve the right of retention for the goods until the purchase price has been paid in full.
2. The customer shall not be entitled to sell the goods to third parties or to take any other measures which could put the ownership of SSL Asia at risk until the purchase price has been paid in full. The customer hereby assigns to SSL Asia any future claims against the buyer in the amount of the purchase price agreed between SSL Asia and the customer, including interest and ancillary payments. SSL Asia accepts this assignment.
§ 6 Alternative dispute resolution
The seller is not obliged and is not prepared on principle to participate in a dispute settlement proceeding in front of a consumer arbitration board.
§ 7 Closing provision
If any of these provisions cannot be applied for whatever reason, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.